Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Change...

I'm not a fan of change, especially big change. I know that change can be good, but why is it so hard?

Matt got a job with the National Weather Service in Ft. Worth. We will be moving there in 3 1/2 weeks. I have so many thoughts and emotions about this that I have a hard time putting them into words. On the one hand we are excited, a new adventure for our family, a new job, a new home, but then my heart begins to hurt and I get a little nauseous. A new place means a new church, new friends, new everything. I am quite happy with my friends and church family here so why get new ones. However, there is no way in our hearts and minds we could be okay with staying here. God is clearly calling us to Fort Worth, in ways I can not even begin to explain. Staying here would be disobedient, and I don't know about you but I'm pretty sure it's in our best interest to walk in obedience to God.

So in 3 weeks we will pack up our life and move to a new place. We will say goodbye to a place and people who have loved us and we have loved for the past 6 years. A place where so much growth and change for the better has happened. A place where 2 years ago we wanted to leave, but God had better plans. So we rest in knowing that God's ways our better than our ways and His will is better than what we want.

If you live in College Station we plan on living it up these last 3 weeks that we are here, surrounding ourselves in community. If you live in the Fort Worth area, can we be friends?

13 comments:

Ryan Price said...

we are sad... see you tonight.

Ally said...

Change is so so hard, I know exactly how you feel. I wish we lived in Fort Worth! I will be praying for you guys in the next few weeks. :)

Josh and Ricci said...

We Humphreys like long distant friends. We'll keep you when you move, ok?

:)

Josh and I will both keep you in our prayers as you start your new adventure and we'd love to have you guys over for dinner before you leave!

The Roberts' said...

we will pray you find a church home quickly. be encouraged... God has great friends & a great church Body all ready & waiting for you!

Megan said...

This stinks.. but I am looking forward to our monthly visits. ;)

Y'all need to come hang out ASAP.

Jodi said...

Erin, I know moving is hard! But we are not far from Ft. Worth. Wyatt and I would love to take you and Cade out! ;) Let me know and would love to hang out with you guys and get you settled!!!

Lauren said...

Is it wrong that I am super excited about your move? We will welcome you to DFW with open arms! I know it will be hard to leave CS but know that I'm pretty sure God has some great friends waiting to spend time with you and help make the transition easy! Love you Mosiers!

The Lopases said...

We understand how you feel...but at least you have 3 weeks! we have 1.

we found our apartment tuesday and set a move in day for next tuesday. it is so much change so fast! but we are super excited! but it hurts us too...

want to hang with you before we leave....

Brian and Jessica Ross said...

Matt and Erin,
I found your blog through a web of other folks from A&M and I love to check in every now and then and see the wonderful ways God is growing you and your family. I want to encourage you about this move...having moved 5 times in the 4 years Brian and I have been married, I understand EXACTLY how you are feeling - even down to the, 'I have to find a new hair stylist and OBGYN!' thoughts. A move changes everything and with each move I have learned that friends are friends no matter what and memories are memories no matter what. One of my favorite verses is Habakkuk 1:5, "Look at the nations and watch, and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you wouldn't imagine, even if you were told." You can't even imagine what Ft. Worth holds for you but God is working for good in the lives of you who love Him. Our "family verse" is Hebrews 11:8, "By faith, Abraham, when called to a place where he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going." I have trusted in that promise with every move that we have made and it has never returned void. You guys are going to love it there, but I may be biased since it's my hometown! I don't know where you are planning to live but there are lots of amazing churches - I would recommend FBC Hurst, FBC Euless, and 121 community church. I think you will find them comparable to Living Hope. Congrats on the job, Matt!
-Jessica

Scott Hubley said...

Hi Moseirs!! Do you remember us? Scott and Jennifer Hubley from the Bacak's Countdown class?? Anyway,we are in Ft. Worth! We left College Station (with the same sad feelings), but also wanting to be obedient to the Lord's will, and He has truly blessed us. He has given us a wonderful church home and amazing, Godly friends. We have even met a couple that was in the Bacak's 1st countdown class! In two short years, we feel like Ft. Worth is home.
We will have to get together with you guys and show you around town.
Don't worry...I'm sure you will come to love "Cowtown."

D.O. said...

Some would say I live in the Ft Worth area. I'd disagree.

Regardless, we can be friends. We just might not see each other a whole, whole lot.

Does that help?

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

I will miss you guys.....already do and have been missing you. Now you will be even further away!

Change is really hard. But, know that if the Lord has said "Go" He's already way ahead preparing a place for you.

I will be praying you find a church home quickly!

Love y'all!
Lyns

Josh and Ricci said...

To echo the sentiment of 121 community church... I've actually visited there with a friend of mine who moved AND just happened to sit in on their new member class, so I got to listen to a whole lot of "who they are". It's a great church, I'd reccomend trying it out.